Curls and waves scream summer, but with so many ways to style your hair, it can be tough to choose a hair wand which can deliver the results you need. Whether you’re looking to prepare your hair for day or night, waves always look effortlessly stylish. Our Yogi Hair Wands are designed to lock the waves and curls into place, whilst leaving the ultimate shine finish. Here are a few of our top tips to create the beautiful waves you crave …
- Comb through each section of hair to remove any knots.
- Don’t forget your Heat Resistant Glove to protect your hand and your Heat Resistant Mat or Holder to protect your floor.
- Ensure sure your hair is smooth before you start curling, to ensure you get the best finish. We recommend using our Yogi Smart TouchX Styler to de-frizz and smooth out your hair.
- Wrap small to medium sections of your hair around the hair wand, going from root to ends.
- Release your hair, and gently tug at the end, loosening the wave.
- Letting your hair cool for a couple minutes.
- Gently brush your hair, loosening the waves, creating that perfect beach.
- Work in small sections, using clips to separate your hair.
- Wrap small sections of your hair around the hair wand, facing it away from your face.
- Lift the wand up and drop the hair, letting the curls fall into place (It may help to hold the wand at a vertical angle, this creates softer waves).
- Wrap small sections of your hair around the hair wand (the tighter you wrap your hair around, the tighter the curls will be).
- Release your hair, leave to cool. Repeat, if necessary.
- Comb through your hair with your fingers.
- Take a section of the hair, the smaller the section the tighter the curl, the larger the section the looser the curl.
- Holding the end of the sectioned hair, place the wand close to the root and wrap this section of hair around the wand.
- Keep the hair in this position, tightly against the wand for approximately 10 seconds.
- Gently pull the wand out of the curled section of hair making sure that you continue to hold on to the end of the hair.
- Release the hair and achieve your perfect Yogi curl.
- Find your side parting and clip the top half of the heavier side up.
- Wrap small sections of your hair around the wand and release after a few seconds.
- Do this for the rest of your hair.
- Repeat again on all sections.
- Leave to cool.
- Using the fine side of your comb to comb through the curls. As you do this, the curls will start to join together.
- Keep combing and re-curl if necessary.